The Atlas of Geographical Curiosities – a glorious celebration of an unusual world.
Welcome to this compendium of interesting, unexpected and downright bizarre geographical anomalies that are guaranteed to delight and inspire.
The world is full of little-known facts that have sometimes been a source of diplomatic or military struggle. Many still exist under the radar now to be revealed by this entertaining treasure trove.
Where else can you discover:
- countries that do not really exist
- the world’s only town that lies entirely underground
- a UK hotel room which became Yugoslavian for one day only
- an island which is Spanish for six months of the year and French for the other six
- a city which is officially constituted by one single skyscraper
- the world’s first and only railway that belonged to one country and ran across another
- a hotel room whose bedroom is in France and whose bathroom is in Switzerland
- Bir Tawil which is one of the very few territories on earth not claimed by any country
- the only place in the world where you can find so-called counter-enclaves
- where in a 20-minute walk around the village you can cross an international border over 50 times at 50 different points.
The world is full of wonderful and strange geographical irregularities. Turn to the Atlas of Geographical Curiosities to uncover more little-known but important facts.